I attended a fascinating event today organised by Facebook to help businesses get more out of both Facebook and Instagram. The key messages were make sure your content and your business or organisation is mobile friendly and video is crucial to success – but soon you’ll need think about virtual reality and augmented reality too.
I’ll write up more of what I learned and share ideas you can try, but in the meantime here are 10 quick stats that were shared today.
1. 3 million advertisers use Facebook
2. Yet there is still huge potential, only 10% of all sales go through the internet
3. Smart watches are twice as fast as 1980s computers
4. There are more smart phones in the world than there are people on the planet
5. 63% of UK web browsing is done on a mobile
6. 45% of video views globally are on a mobile device
7. There are 30 million Facebook users in the UK; 93% of them only use it on a mobile
8. 6 of the top 10 apps downloaded worldwide are messaging apps
9. In 2015 more pictures were taken and shared than in the whole of the last 100 years; Instagram users alone share 80 million pictures a day
10. Facebook is very much about friends and family and two way relationships, on Instagram 54% of following is non-reciprocal.